It’s likely that you have come across Opulence through an email list, on social media or got it recommended by a friend or family member.
Is Opulence / Global Wealth Trade a scam? You may have heard of this MLM due to the fact they sell luxury items but, the reason you’re here is because you’re skeptical of whether the opportunity they provide is worth your time right?
Honestly, I do understand why you’d be skeptical so I do respect the fact you’re here doing your due diligence before deciding on becoming a consultant.
First and foremost I must commend you for actually doing a bit of extra research before committing to purchasing or joining Opulence. For all you could have known, Opulence may very well be a scam and rob you of your money so this review could help you find anything peculiar about it.
To be totally transparent with you I haven’t used Opulence so I can assure you that I will not attempt to sell you on it unless of course it’s worth investing in.
What I will aim to do is provide you with an unbiased 3rd party review of Opulence that will hopefully help you to make the correct decision in the end.
PRODUCT NAME: Opulence Global (Global Wealth Trade)
OWNER/S: Ramin Mesgarlou
TYPE OF PRODUCT: Luxury/fashion health and wellness MLM
PRICE: $214 to $1394, depending on Membership Package
SUMMARY: Opulence is not a pyramid scheme or a scam but there are still a few major reasons to avoid it. The first reason is that the start up costs are really expensive, you need to be good at recruitment or just have an effective strategy in place to get leads and the lack of transparency, to me, shows that it’s pretty unlikely you’ll find any kind of success especially when you take into account the income statements from other MLM’s.
For these reasons I recommend against joining but, if you’re up for the task or are just passionate about the products sold, it may still be worth a shot.
FINAL RATING: 2/5
WHAT IS OPULENCE?
Opulence Global formerly known as Global Wealth Trade is a luxury /fashion and as of recently a health and wellness based MLM founded by Ramin Mesgarlou all the way back in 2005. Opulence is a MLM that focuses on having it’s associates sell luxurious merchandise whether it be jewelry, handbags, sunglasses and so on.
The owner of the company is someone who’s been working within the MLM industry since the 1990’s and has a 100 year family background of jewellery creators. This is why I’m pretty sure he has a fair bit of knowledge on this field.
The last MLM he worked for before creating his own resulted in a lawsuit dispute. This other MLM was called 3XS enterprise he did win this case but the amount he won wasn’t disclosed.
The Opulence name change was mostly done, at least from what I can see, to create a more brandable and recognisable name, besides that everything else about the company is more or less the same.
Oh and they also diversified the type of products they sell too from being just luxury items to a mixture of health and wellness products included too.
==>Click Here To Access My FREE Make Money Online Guide!<==
OPULENCE’S PRODUCT LINE
Opulence has a very large number of products within their line which span across two different niches. The products that are sold by opulence are broken into 4 different categories.
These 4 categories are :
- Posh : This product category consists of a multitude of jewelry which includes rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- Feri : These are the second highest jewelry and accessories line, they feature products such as sterling silver pieces, leather handbags, belts, and wallets, and other more luxurious items.
- Feri Mosh : This is the highest-end product lines of jewelries featured. These include 19k to 21k gold jewelry. This line also includes a bridal collection, higher valued shoes, and some more higher valued handbags.
- Feri Flawless : This is Opulences new product line introduced in the transitioning and rebranding of the company. This line includes all of their skin-care and beauty products.
For a more detailed look at the product line that Opulence sell, click here.
Do You Want To Make A Full Time Income Just As Many Have Been Doing For Decades, If So Check Out My #1 Recommendation!
DO OPULENCE’S PRODUCTS ACTUALLY WORK?
One thing that I consider to be very important and I’m sure you agree with me on this, is whether or not the products supplied are actually of good quality.
As I’ve not personally seen or established if the products sold are good in terms of their build quality and effectiveness, I can’t really give you a good a point of view however, I did do a little research to see what individuals who’ve actually tried out the line thought of them and this is what I found…
On BBB, more or less everyone thought the company as whole is good but there wasn’t really an insight on the quality of products offered. I’m pretty sure the reason why they’re so positive about opulence or GWT is because they’re distributors for the company themselves.
On best company the opinion of Opulence as a whole isn’t looked at through positive glasses but, one particular individual does mention that the products offered are “pretty”.
So in short it’s pretty hard to find out if the quality of the product are good per say but, judging how there isn’t any negative opinions on them, I’ll have to assume at the very least that they aren’t necessarily bad.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY THROUGH OPULENCE
As is the case with pretty much all MLM businesses there are 2 ways to make money with them, Opulence being no exception.
1. The first method is by directly selling the product to other individuals and in return make a commission for the sales
2. You make money through your recruits and downline, by getting residual income by following and meeting certain criteria as well as make money through bonuses and incentives due to meeting company set goals.
HOW TO GET STARTED
There’s a couple of different ways through which you can sign up to Opulence with only two of three actually giving you access to the opportunity offered through the compensation plan.
- Retailer Membership ($214) : You’ll be given a 20% discount on any product you purchase which of course means you have the potential to make a 20% profit for every retail sale you make.
- Lifestyle Promoter ($483) : You’ll be given a 25% discount on products plus access to their MLM Opportunity via the compensation plan
- Lifestyle Advisor ($1394) : You’ll be given a 30% discount on products as well as access to their MLM Opportunity via the compensation plan
The prices for these packages aren’t necessarily cheap but they’re also not the most expensive of starting costs I’ve come across to get started with an MLM opportunity.
It’s quite possible that you’ll be needing to pay for other kind of things like ads or hosting parties to make the good kind of money but, in general the costs aren’t the worst because you don’t need to pay for a monthly autoship.
Nonetheless, when you take into account, the minimum of $438 to get started with all the perks of the compensation plan included, I’m sure you’ll agree that $483 still isn’t cheap!
With that kind of money you could start other equally profitable yet more sustainable online businesses so if you are considering the prospect of joining this MLM, at the very least you should weigh up all your other options.
Are You Tired Of Working For A Boss? If So Why Not Take Your Job Into Your Hands And Work For No One But Yourself… If You Want To Do This Check Out My #1 Recommendation
If you purchase one of the 2 Lifestyle packages you’ll be given access to all of the MLM opportunities found within Opulence’s fairly robust compensation plan.
The company also uses a binary MLM structure which is actually a fairly common structure which basically has 2 legs, a left and a right one
Anyways the plan shows 5 different ways through which you’ll be able to make money with Opulence, these 5 include :
- Retail Commissions : As a Luxury Consultant you’ll be able to earn a 30% commission or profit, if you’ve purchased a lifestyle advisor package, by selling the wholesale products you purchased at retail pricing
- Recruitment Commissions : Luxury Consultants can also earn $35 when a person they recruit signs up for the Luxury Promoter Package or $105 if a refferal signs up for the Lifestyle Advisor package.
- Residual Commissions : I couldn’t find the exact figures for this but, because the company follows a binary structure, you will likely need to recruit at least 1 person on each leg to qualify for this type of commission.
- Global Revenue Sharing Pool : This is a sharing pool made up of an unspecified percentage of Opulence’s Global worldwide sales volume.
- Organizational Revenue Sharing : Presidential Lifestyle Directors and Royal Lifestyle Directors receive a bonus percentage on their binary team sales volume.
There’s also another thing worth noting, in order to qualify for the perks on a consistent basis, along with purchasing the starter package you will also need to accumalte a certain amount of PV per month in order to maintain as a ranked members within Opulence.
The ranks available and the steps you need to qualify are as so :
- Lifestyle Director 1 Rank : You’ll need to be on a 150 PV monthly auto-ship, recruit and maintain 2 Lifestyle Advisors who each recruit two Lifestyle Advisors, all generating at least 150 PV a month.
- Lifestyle Director 2 Rank : You will need to be on a 150 PV monthly auto-ship, personally refer and maintain 2 Lifestyle Director 1 or higher ranked affiliates. (one on both binary legs)
- Lifestyle Director 3 Rank : You’ll need to be on a 150 PV monthly auto-ship, personally refer and maintain 2 Lifestyle Director 2 or higher ranked affiliates. (one on both binary legs)
- Lifestyle Director 4 Rank : You’ll need to be on a 150 PV monthly auto-ship, personally refer and maintain 2 Lifestyle Director 3 or higher ranked affiliates. (one on both binary legs)
- Presidential Lifestyle Director Rank : You will need to be on a 150 PV monthly auto-ship, personally refer and maintain 2 Lifestyle Director 4 or higher ranked affiliates. (one on both binary legs)
- Royal Lifestyle Director Rank : You will need to be on a 150 PV monthly auto-ship, personally refer and maintain 2 Presidential Lifestyle or higher ranked affiliates. (one on both binary legs)
As you can see the steps and qualifying requirements do become a lot more difficult to achieve the higher up you get in the ranks although I guess you probably realised this anyways.
If you want a more indpeth look at the compensation plan, check out the video below
THE NOT SO GOOD THINGS
Expensive Starting Up Costs
If you actually want to get the most out of Opulence’s opportunity, you will at the very least need to purchase one of the 2 lifestyle packages and as you know, they aren’t what one would consider cheap whatsoever.
You will need to have at least $483 available in order to partake in this business.
I don’t think you need me to tell you that it’s not really cheap no matter how you stretch it.
It’s also not the best option to go for aswell because you only get a 25% discount unlike the 30% discount on the lifestyle advisor pack. Of course the advisor pack also costs $1394 so it’s up to you on which way you approach this opportunity.
It’s definitely not among the most expensive start up costs for a MLM I’ve seen but if you do pursue it, you’ve got to actually be willing to make it work.
You Will Need To Recruit To Succeed
Recruitment is a core component for pretty much all MLM’s out there, of course Opulence isn’t any different on how it leads its associates to succeed either.
If you’re good at recruiting, Opulence probably would be a good option for you however, if you struggle with this aspect, it’s pretty unlikely that you’ll find yourself climbing to the top of this mountain and in turn be making the amount of money you actually want to be making.
To even start earning the residual income that eventually will be the best source for your income, you’ll need to somehow recruit 2 members, 1 on your left leg and the other on your right leg.
Most people would ask a couple of family members to cover this little hurdle but, considering how difficult it is to succeed with MLM’s, if these family members aren’t able to achieve the monetary success that you’ll likely have told them is possible, they’ll blame you for their failure and in turn this misunderstanding will affect your relationship.
That’s why you’ll probably want to recruit individuals who actually have an interest in the opportunity and not someone who just joined to sympathise with you although, at around 500 bucks, it’d still be hard to convince a family member or friend to join anyways.
So to summarise this point, you’ll want to be able to recruit people who are interested but, there’s no way that finding such leads is going to be easy which is why most people are failing and only associates who’ve created a solid downline team are succeeding.
Lack Of Transparency On How Much Their Associates Earn
This could be because of the rebranding or just that they’ve never really released a public income disclosure statement, as for as I could find but, there’s no denying that the lack of transparency is a little suspicious don’t you think?
Although I don’t have real evidence provided by Opulence, having reviewed a multitude of MLM’s such as Xyngular, Usana, Melaleuca, Nikken and Youngevity, I have a pretty good idea of what the success rate is within the MLM business model as a whole.
The statements on those MLM’s would suggest that only around 5% of members are making decent money in the range of $1k per month whilst generally less than 1% of members make a sustainable full time income.
I doubt that Opulence really has better success rate than I’ve stated so if you do decide to join them, do keep in mind that it’s highly likely that you’ll be failing unless of course you have a fool proof or just a working strategy in place.
THE GOOD THINGS
Been Around A While
The fact that it’s been around since 2005 albeit under a different name, to me, suggests that at least the company has some credibility to it.
Most companies in general tend to fail within 10 years so the fact Opulence is not only still around but trying to diversify its products definitely gives it a lot more credibility than the younger MLM’s out there for sure.
==>Click Here To Access My FREE Make Money Online Guide!<==
IS OPULENCE A PYRAMID SCHEME/SCAM?
The good news is that Opulence is neither a scam nor pyramid scheme, it’s definitely a legitimate MLM company as far as I can tell.
There are however a couple of things that, in my opinion, should give you a reason to avoid this opportunity.
The first reason is that the start up costs are really expensive, you need to be good at recruitment or just have an effective strategy in place to get leads and the lack of transparency to me shows that it’s pretty unlikely you’ll find any kind of success especially when you take into account the income statements from other MLM’s
I’d personally suggest to avoid the company but, it’s not really got too many bad things about it besides the high difficulty in making lots of money with it.
If you’re up for the challenge, go for it otherwise I’d suggest my #1 Recommendation which is also pretty difficult to achieve success through but, in my opinion, has a tad more monetary potential and is also a lot cheaper to start.
MY PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION
I personally will always recommend against using a MLM business model to make money, not because you can’t make money through it (you totally can) but, the system has always seemed shady to myself and is kinda synonymous with the likes of a pyramid scheme or scams (MOBE and Digital altitude).
Instead I prefer working with something created through ones own means and is ultimately dependent on yourself and your work ethic alone.
This method I’m talking about is affiliate marketing.
The reasons as to why I recommend it over MLM based structures are because
– there is no need to recruit constantly
– it is a legitimate method that has been working consistently and continues to grow as more businesses want individuals to promote products
– and because it is free to start up, no unnecessarily large start up funds needed.
The service I recommend is Wealthy Affiliate. It’s free to sign up to and will get you set up and ready to start your affiliate marketing journey within minutes, as it did for me when I begun my journey.
If you have any questions that you would like to ask me regarding Opulence , feel free to do so in the comments section below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If you have your own thoughts about Opulence and would like to talk about it, again feel free to do so in the comments.
2 thoughts on “Is Opulence (Global Wealth Trade) A Scam? (A Luxury Pyramid Scheme!?)”
I appreciate your input, I’m sure that article maybe helpful for some!
Hi there, my name is Rene Liaw and I’m a distributor with Opulence Global for the past 13 years. The link to that website was completely inaccurate, a defamation in so many areas, and simply all lies. We actually know who put up that website as it was a previous disgruntled distributor who was terminated for cross recruiting. All in all, please use your logic when deciding. Opulence is a 13 year old company with headquarters in Richmond Hill, Toronto. You can walk in the office and talk to all their staff to get to know who they are. They also have an A+ Rating on the Better Business Bureau and they are an Accredited Business on the BBB. Ask your self this, if a company is NOT good, or is a SCAM, how are they in business for 15 years to date. Go to the Facebook page called Fountain of Life – Official and see how many thousands of customer testimonials on their products like the Fountain Of Life. In the end, you will always find negative stuff online about companies and in most cases, it’s people trying to make money from you by selling some coaching service, or in extreme cases extortion. Please feel free to contact me anytime to ask any question. Whatsapp: +16477463714